The SP Application
The KOICA Scholarship Program(SP)
Program Title: KOICA-SNU Master’s Degree Program in Public Management and Public Sector Reforms
Program Title: KOICA-SNU Master’s Degree Program in Capacity Buildings
1) Stay Duration: August 12, 2022 ~ December 31, 2023 (16.5 month)
During their stay at SNU, students need to complete their thesis.
2) Academic duration: September 2022~ February 2024 (18 months)
Following the University regulations, the diploma will be conferred in February 2024.
Degree: Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
(1) Citizenship: Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country
(2) Government Nomination: Be officially nominated by his/her government.
-be a government employee with a minimum 2 years of experience in the field of study
* Exception - Applicants with a background in international development NGO may also apply,
under the condition that he/she provide two recommendation letters from
-1) his/her government office; and
-2) the Korean Embassy, a world widely known NGO, an UN-associated organization, or the KOICA Overseas Office within your region.
(3) Age: (Preferably) Be under age 40 as of February 1, 2022.
(4) Health: Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
- Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply.
- Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
(5) Level of Education: Have a completed Bachelor Degree or an equivalent to college / university level Educational background.
* Some program have specific qualifications in terms of level of education, and refer to Program Information of each program.
(6) English Proficiency: Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and theses in English.
(7) Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program.
(8) Have not participated in KOICA scholarship program or any of the Korean Government’s Scholarship Program before.
(9) and other qualifications from the university you are going to apply (refer to the Program Information)
Number of Participants: 20 Government Officials
Selection Procedures for 2022 Fall Semester
Step 1. March 20
- Application deadline (to the KOICA overseas office and the Korean Embassy)
Step 2. March 20 ~ March 30
On-site Interview (KOICA)
Step 3. April 4 ~ April 15
Document Screening (University)
Step 4. April 21
Result of Document Screening
Step 5. April 21 ~ May 11
Step 6. May 19 ~ June 10
Medical Checkup (Local)
Step 7. June 16
Admission Notification (result of Medical Checkup)
Step 8. August
Entry to Korea (Medical check-up in Korea. etc)
* The timeline for the selection process and date of ‘Entry to Korea’ above would be changed due to the COVID19 pandemic.
** If you are disqualified for a long-term stay by the medical check-up in Korea, you may be deported even if you have successfully passed the local check-up in your country.
All documents should be sent to the KOICA overseas office or the relevant government office.
① KOICA Application Form
② Recommendation letter from applicants’ governments
③ Document Checklist
④ University Application form with required documents for the university * Refer to Program Information on KOICA CIAT Website.